The Christofle House was born in 1830 when Charles Christofle took over the business of his father-in-law, Hugues Calmette. In 1832, he deposited his punch of master to the guarantee of Paris as a jeweler. Christofle is focused on a massive export in the four corners of the world, it became in the 1840s one of the greatest jewelers of France. It acquires patents enabling it to produce on an industrial scale gold and silver metals thanks to electrolysis. In 1845, he became master-goldsmith. The house provides embassies and ministries from all over the world but also luxurious travel companies. In 1851 the house developed the technique of galvanoplasty enabling mass production of exceptional pieces and large dimensions such as the statue of the Basilica of Our Lady of the Garde in Marseilles in 1869. From the end of the XIXth century, the Christofle house only produces silver metal, supplying Napoleon III, the emperor of Mexico or the Tsar of Russia. The house still remains today, taking an important place in the world of goldsmithing.