Writing case containing a revolver J. LANG.
Wooden box covered with leather, compartments trimmed with green velvet.
The writing part has two compartments that contain: an ivory mirror powder case, a pewter alcohol lamp, a pewter bottle case and four ivory capsule boxes with a screw top.
Under the lid, the compartments contain:
- A Mexican trigger revolver with a nickel finish and ivory inserts. Caliber 38, 5 strokes. All pieces in number (1008) and engraved on top J. Lang 22 cockspur ST London (usual wear) Barrel 8cm.
- an ivory handle screwdriver
- A grease tin container.
- Two Querelle brand cup-style razors in Paris.
- A dagger with scabbard and ivory handle (27cm in total length and 13cm blade)
- A space for storing balls.
On the cover part, a letter holder contains a picture of a woman of high social standing.